To enhance interstate commerce by creating a National Hiring Standard for Motor Carriers.
5/22/2014--Introduced. Prohibits a state from enforcing a law or imposing liability on an entity that hires a motor carrier for the transportation of property or household goods if the liability arises from a personal injury, death, or cargo or fothe...[more]
- Rep. John J. Duncan Jr. [R, TN-2]
- Rep. Eric A. "Rick" Crawford [R, AR-1]
- Rep. Rodney Davis [R, IL-13]
- Rep. Charles W. Dent [R, PA-15]
- Rep. Sam Graves [R, MO-6]
- Rep. Richard L. Hanna [R, NY-22]
Latest Legislative Action
- July 21, 2014 - Referred to the Subcommittee on the Constitution and Civil Justice.
- May 23, 2014 - Referred to the Subcommittee on Highways and Transit.
- May 22, 2014 - Referred to House Judiciary
- May 22, 2014 - Referred to House Transportation and Infrastructure
- May 22, 2014 - Referred to the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, and in addition to the Committee on the Judiciary, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned.