To direct the Secretary of Transportation to prescribe standards for the maximum number of hours that an operator of a commercial motor vehicle may be reasonably detained by a shipper or receiver, and for other purposes.
2/17/2011--Introduced. Directs the Secretary of Transportation to study the detention of commercial motor vehicle operators by shippers and receivers before loading and unloading their vehicles. Directs the Secretary to prescribe standards for the ...[more]
- Rep. Peter DeFazio [D, OR-4]
- Rep. Joe Baca [D, CA-43]
- Rep. Leonard Boswell [D, IA-3]
- Rep. Michael Capuano [D, MA-8]
- Rep. Bob Filner [D, CA-51]
- Rep. Tim Holden [D, PA-17]
Latest Legislative Action
- February 18, 2011 - Referred to the Subcommittee on Highways and Transit.
- February 17, 2011 - Referred to the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure.