Securing Maritime Activities through Risk-based Targeting for Port Security Act
6/28/2012--Passed House amended. Securing Maritime Activities through Risk-based Targeting for Port Security Act or the SMART Port Security Act - Title I: Department of Homeland Security Port Security Programs - (Sec. 101) Directs the Secretary of ...[more]
- Rep. Candice Miller [R, MI-10]
- Rep. Hansen Clarke [D, MI-13]
- Rep. Henry Cuellar [D, TX-28]
- Rep. Janice Hahn [D, CA-36]
- Rep. Sheila Jackson-Lee [D, TX-18]
- Rep. Peter King [R, NY-3]
Latest Legislative Action
- June 29, 2012 - Received in the Senate and Read twice and referred to the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation.
- June 28, 2012 - Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
- June 28, 2012 - Considered as unfinished business.
- June 26, 2012 - At the conclusion of debate, the chair put the question on the motion to suspend the rules. Mr. Thompson (MS) objected to the vote on the grounds that a quorum was not present. Further proceedings on the motion were postponed. The point of no quorum was withdrawn.
- June 26, 2012 - DEBATE - The House proceeded with forty minutes of debate on H.R. 4251.
- June 26, 2012 - Considered under suspension of the rules.
- June 26, 2012 - Mr. King (NY) moved to suspend the rules and pass the bill, as amended.
- June 12, 2012 - Reported (Amended) by the Committee on Homeland Security. H. Rept. 112-521.
- June 06, 2012 - Committee Consideration and Mark-up Session Held.
- March 26, 2012 - Forwarded by Subcommittee to Full Committee (Amended) by Voice Vote .
- March 26, 2012 - Subcommittee Consideration and Mark-up Session Held.
- March 26, 2012 - Referred to the Subcommittee on Border and Maritime Security.
- March 22, 2012 - Referred to the House Committee on Homeland Security.